Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- First Foods Class
- Information about a 5 session baby foods class being held in the SeaTac/Tukwila area of Seattle on Thursdays, 1-2:30pm, Sept 24 - Oct 22, 2015.
- Al-Hijra (Muharram) Islamic New Year 2015
- October 15, 2015 (estimated). Al-Hijra is the Islamic New Year, celebrated on the first day of the month of Muharram, the month in which Muhammad emigrated from Mecca to Medina. The holiday is also called simply Muharram.
- Ashura 2015
- Saturday, Oct 24 (estimated). The Day of Ashura (عاشوراء (ʻĀshūrā’, Ashura, Ashoura, and other spellings) is on the 10th day of Muharram in the Islamic calendar. Several narrations point to the significance of this day from the earliest of times. Commemoration of this day includes fasting.
- Somali Health Board 3rd Annual Health Fair
- Somali Health Board's annual health fair is scheduled to be on Saturday November 14th at New Holly neighborhood- Gathering Hall.