Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; $3.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Cambodian New Year 2014
- April 13, 2014, is the Cambodian New Year's day. Saturday, April 26th will be the Seattle Cambodian New Year's Festival in White Center.
- Ethiopian Health Fair
- Saturday May 10, 2014. Learn about health and wellness, including child health, dental health, mental health, nutrition, substance abuse, domestic abuse, and mammograms. Health services available on site include mammogram and cervical screenings (pre-register).
- Workshops for Medical Interpreters (Seattle): May 17 - Interpreting in Palliative Care
- Northwest Translators & Interpreters Society (NOTIS) and Seattle Children's Hospital are partnering on a series of day long workshops for healthcare interpreters.
- Advances in Treating New Arrival Refugees
- A one-day session on Thur, June 5, 2014 for health care practitioners treating refugees and immigrants in Seattle/King County area.
- 4th Annual North American Refugee Health Conference
- A 3 day conference June 19-21, 2014 in Rochester, NY focusing on the best practices in refugee health. Lectures focus on contemporary issues in refugee health, mental health, OB/GYN, pediatrics, and primary care.
- Ramadan 2014
- June 28 - July 27, 2014 (anticipated dates - June 29th in North America). Ramadan is the ninth month of the year in the Islamic calendar. A fast, held from sunrise to sunset, is carried out through this period. Beginning and ending dates vary depending on country location.