Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; $3.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Immigrant/Refugee Integration: Understanding How to Welcome New Americans
- A one day interactive workshop for participants to learn about barriers that inhibit immigrant/refugee integration into society. Learn strategies to engage community members to build broader support for our communities.
- Eid al-Adha (Id Arafa) 2014
- October 4-7 (estimated). The Feast of the Sacrifice, this festival concludes the Hajj (annual pilgrimages to Mecca, Saudi Arabia) and recalls Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son in obedience to Allah (God).
- Washington State Coalition for Language Access (WASCLA) Language Access Summit, 2014
- A 2 day language access summit, Oct 24-25, 2014, in the greater Seattle area.
- Ashura 2014
- November 3, 2014 (estimated). The Day of Ashura (عاشوراء (ʻĀshūrā’, Ashura, Ashoura, and other spellings) is on the 10th day of Muharram in the Islamic calendar. Several narrations point to the significance of this day from the earliest of times. Commemoration of this day includes fasting.