Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Webinar: HBV in African Communities: An Overview of HBV Prevalence and Barriers to Addressing the Virus
- A webinar on Sept 27, 2016 about HBV in African Communities. Presented by Health Resources and Services Administration Region X, International Community Services (ICHS), and the Hepatitis Education Project.
- Al-Hijra (Muharram) Islamic New Year 2016
- October 2, 2016 (estimated), and continues for 29 days. Al-Hijra is the Islamic New Year, celebrated on the first day of the month of Muharram, the month in which Muhammad emigrated from Mecca to Medina. The holiday is also called simply Muharram.
- Citizenship Workshop
- Sat, Oct 15, 2016 the Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs will hold a citizenship workshop with a team of volunteer attorneys, paralegals, and interpreters to help with citizenship applications. Free for all eligible legal permanent residents.
- Washington State TB Educational Conference
- 14th Annual Washington State TB Conference October 19, 2016 with national speakers Dr. Lisa Armitage from Heartland National TB Center and Dr. Kevin Winthrop from Oregon Sch of Medicine Div of Infectious Disease.
- Washington State Coalition for Language Access (WASCLA) Summit
- WASCLA's language access summit Oct 21-22, 2016 is a multi-disciplinary conferernce dedicated to language access. Theme for 2016 is "Language Access: It's a Family Matter"
- Free Health Clinic Seattle King County
- Healthcare organizations, civic agencies, non-profits, private businesses and volunteers from across the State of Washington are joining together once again to produce a giant free health clinic October 27-30, 2016 in KeyArena at Seattle Center.
- Third Annual Higher Refugee Employment Workshop
- This workshop Nov 2-4, 2016 in Denver, CO offers a wide range of refugee employment training topics for varying levels of experience. Participants will also be provided with opportunities for peer exchange. Sponsored by Higher, an ORR technical assistance provider, and co-hosted by African Community Center of Denver.
- 2017 Washington Immunization Summit
- April 26, 2017 WithinReach is offering a one-day event in focusing on vaccine hesitancy, reaching underserved populations, and the use of data and systems to improve immunization rates.