Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; $3.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Abiy Tsom (Lent) 2014 (Ethiopian Orthodox)
- Feb 24, 2014 - April 20, 2014; Ethiopian Orthodox Great Holy Lent Fast lasting 55 days, culminating on Easter day, April 20th.
- Lent 2014 (Roman Catholic)
- The 2014 Lenten season begins March 5 and ends with Easter celebration on April 20th. This 40-day period of preparation is marked by prayer, fasting and abstinence for Roman Catholics. Health care practitioners should be aware of fasting practices of their patients.
- World TB Day: March 24, 2014
- March 24, 2014 is World TB Day - a day designed to build public awareness that TB remains an epidemic in much of the world, causing the deaths of nearly one-and-a-half million people each year, mostly in developing countries.
- Cambodian New Year 2014
- April 13, 2014, is the Cambodian New Year's day. Saturday, April 26th will be the Seattle Cambodian New Year's Festival in White Center.
- 4th Annual North American Refugee Health Conference
- A 3 day conference June 19-21, 2014 in Rochester, NY focusing on the best practices in refugee health. Lectures focus on contemporary issues in refugee health, mental health, OB/GYN, pediatrics, and primary care.