Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays/Sundays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Community-Focused Webinar on Community Impact: Effective Messaging and Trauma Informed Care Approaches
- The National Partnership for Community Training is sponsoring 2 webinars, Jan 19, 2017 and Jan 26, 2017 on community engagement and impact on contributing to a healthy and welcoming environment for refugees.
- Citizenship Workshop
- The Seattle Department of Neighborhoods is partnering with the Mayor’s Office, OIRA, and community partners to host a Citizenship Workshop on Friday, January 20, 2017 from 12 PM- 8 PM as part of the New Citizen Campaign. This campaign is an effort to help tens of thousands of Seattle legal permanent residents (LPRs) become US citizens.
- Chinese New Year 2017
- January 28, 2017, Year of the Rooster. Chinese New Year is a major holiday for the Chinese and has had influence on the lunar new year celebrations of its geographic neighbors.
- Somali Health Board Meeting - Seattle
- The Somali Health Board (SHB) is an organization of Somali health professionals who collaborate with community, health and social service providers to promote positive health outcomes for Somali population within King County.
- 2017 Washington Immunization Summit
- April 26, 2017 WithinReach is offering a one-day event in focusing on vaccine hesitancy, reaching underserved populations, and the use of data and systems to improve immunization rates.
- 16th Annual Health Literacy Conference
- May 3-5, 2017, submissions being accepted for this health literacy conference in Irvine, CA sponsored by Institute for HealthCare Advancement. Submission proposals due by Nov 18, 2016