Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Abiy Tsom (Lent) 2015 (Ethiopian Orthodox)
- Feb 16, 2015 - April 12, 2015; Ethiopian Orthodox Great Holy Lent Fast lasting 55 days, culminating on Easter day, April 12th.
- Somali Maternity Services Childbirth Education Workshop - English/Somali
- Childbirth education workshop classes for Somali women. 2015 Dates: Feb 17, March 18, Apr 21st.
- Lent 2015 (Roman Catholic)
- The 2015 Lenten season begins Feb 18 and ends with Easter celebration on April 5th. This 40-day period of preparation is marked by prayer, fasting and abstinence for Roman Catholics. Health care practitioners should be aware of fasting practices of their patients.
- Teleconference: Central American Minors (CAM) Refugee/Parole Program
- Tuesday, March 31, from 11 to 12:30 p.m. (Pacific). During this teleconference, representative from USCIS and DOS will provide an overview of the CAM program and answer questions.
- Ramadan 2015
- June 18 - July 17, 2015 (anticipated dates in North America). Ramadan is the ninth month of the year in the Islamic calendar. A fast, held from sunrise to sunset, is carried out through this period. Beginning and ending dates vary depending on country location.