Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; $3.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Ramadan 2014
- June 28 - July 27, 2014 (anticipated dates - June 29th in North America). Ramadan is the ninth month of the year in the Islamic calendar. A fast, held from sunrise to sunset, is carried out through this period. Beginning and ending dates vary depending on country location.
- Eid al-Fitr 2014
- July 28, 2014 (depending on location). Immediately following Ramadan is the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr which marks the end of the fast. This celebration involves big family gatherings and gifts for children, and can last up to 3 days.
- Washington State Coalition for Language Access (WASCLA) Language Access Summit, 2014
- A 2 day language access summit, Oct 24-25, 2014, in the greater Seattle area.