Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays/Sundays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Abiy Tsom (Lent) 2017 (Ethiopian Orthodox)
- Feb 20 - April 15, 2017; Ethiopian Orthodox Great Holy Lent Fast lasting 55 days, culminating on Easter day April 16, 2017.
- Evidence-Based Public Health Training Series
- A free on-line course covering the skills needed to incorporate more evidence into public health practice. The course is structured into 9 sessions and take 10 hours to complete. Provided by Northwest Center for Public Health Practice at the Univ of Washington, the Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center, and the Prevention and Research Center in St. Louis, MO
- 1st Australia and New Zealand Refugee Trauma Recovery in Resettlement Conference
- The Refugee Trauma Recovery in Resettlement Conference in Sydney Australia Mar 29-31, 2017 is dedicated to exploring the most innovative and successful ways to support refugees as they recover from trauma and resettle.
- 2017 Washington Immunization Summit
- April 26, 2017 WithinReach is offering a one-day event in focusing on vaccine hesitancy, reaching underserved populations, and the use of data and systems to improve immunization rates.
- 16th Annual Health Literacy Conference
- May 3-5, 2017, submissions being accepted for this health literacy conference in Irvine, CA sponsored by Institute for HealthCare Advancement. Submission proposals due by Nov 18, 2016
- Washington State Department of Health Refugee Health Conference 2017
- WA State DOH is holding a 2 day conference on Refugee Health May 16-17, 2017 designed to share refugee health information and resources with healthcare, mental health, and other refugee service providers.
- Ramadan 2017
- May 27 - June 25, 2017 (anticipated dates in North America). Ramadan is the ninth month of the year in the Islamic calendar. A fast, held from dawn to sunset, is carried out through this period. Beginning and ending dates vary depending on country location.
- Eid al-Fitr 2017
- June 26, 2017 (depends on location). Immediately following Ramadan is the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr which marks the end of the fast. Note that in the Muslim calender, a holiday begins on the sunset of the previous day, so observing Muslims will celebrate Eid al-Fitr on the sunset of Sunday, June 25th. This celebration involves big family gatherings and gifts for children, and can last up to 3 days.