Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Advent (Ethiopian Orthodox) 2016
- Advent begins November 24, 2016 and continues through January 6, 2017. Advent (Sibket, in Amharic) is a time during which a fast is kept, the Christmas fast of 40 days and is a time for spiritual preparation for the celebration of Christmas (celebrated January 7, 2017).
- Immigration 101 Training for Service Providers in Tacoma
- Dec 16, 2016 Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP) is hosting a free training for social service providers and people who work with the immigrant community. The training is not a legal training, but will provide information about how to help immigrants in our community.
- Christmas (Ethiopian Orthodox) 2017
- January 7, 2017; The Ethiopian Orthodox tradition celebrates Christmas on the 7th of January. In advent (Sibket, in Amharic) a fast is kept, the Christmas fast of 40 days ending on Christmas eve with the Feast of Gena. Liddet, Gena and Qiddus Bale Wold are other names for Christmas. Health care providers may want to consider avoiding scheduling appointments for patients on their holidays, in order to avoid cancellations or no-shows.
- 2017 Washington Immunization Summit
- April 26, 2017 WithinReach is offering a one-day event in focusing on vaccine hesitancy, reaching underserved populations, and the use of data and systems to improve immunization rates.
- 16th Annual Health Literacy Conference
- May 3-5, 2017, submissions being accepted for this health literacy conference in Irvine, CA sponsored by Institute for HealthCare Advancement. Submission proposals due by Nov 18, 2016