Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Eid al-Adha (Id Arafa) 2015
- September 23-26 (estimated). The Feast of the Sacrifice, this festival concludes the Hajj (annual pilgrimages to Mecca, Saudi Arabia) and recalls Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son in obedience to Allah (God).
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- HealthRight International Human Rights Clinic Training
- HealthRight International is sponsoring a half-day advanced training (Sat, Sept 19) for licensed physicians and mental health professionals to learn how to recognize and document physical and psychological signs of torture in survivors.
- Al-Hijra (Muharram) Islamic New Year 2015
- October 15, 2015 (estimated). Al-Hijra is the Islamic New Year, celebrated on the first day of the month of Muharram, the month in which Muhammad emigrated from Mecca to Medina. The holiday is also called simply Muharram.
- Ashura 2015
- Saturday, Oct 24 (estimated). The Day of Ashura (عاشوراء (ʻĀshūrā’, Ashura, Ashoura, and other spellings) is on the 10th day of Muharram in the Islamic calendar. Several narrations point to the significance of this day from the earliest of times. Commemoration of this day includes fasting.