Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Somali Maternity Services Childbirth Education Workshop - English/Somali
- Childbirth education workshop classes for Somali women.
- 2015 Ethiopian Health Fair
- Saturday May 2, 2015. Annual community health services fair at the Ethiopian Community Center.
- Tuberculosis Training Workshops - Seattle WA
- Several different Tuberculosis trainings will happen in Seattle WA between June 1-4, 2015 presented by the Curry International TB Center in collaboration with Firland Northwest TB Center and Washington State Department of Health TB Control Program.
- Ramadan 2015
- June 18 - July 17, 2015 (anticipated dates in North America). Ramadan is the ninth month of the year in the Islamic calendar. A fast, held from sunrise to sunset, is carried out through this period. Beginning and ending dates vary depending on country location.
- Eid al-Fitr 2015
- July 18, 2015 (depends on location). Immediately following Ramadan is the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr which marks the end of the fast. Note that in the Muslim calander, a holiday begins on the sunset of the previous day, so observing Muslims will celebrate Eid al-Fitr on the sunset of Thursday, the 17th of July. This celebration involves big family gatherings and gifts for children, and can last up to 3 days.