Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Al-Hijra (Muharram) Islamic New Year 2016
- October 2, 2016 (estimated), and continues for 29 days. Al-Hijra is the Islamic New Year, celebrated on the first day of the month of Muharram, the month in which Muhammad emigrated from Mecca to Medina. The holiday is also called simply Muharram.
- Free Health Clinic Seattle King County
- Healthcare organizations, civic agencies, non-profits, private businesses and volunteers from across the State of Washington are joining together once again to produce a giant free health clinic October 27-30, 2016 in KeyArena at Seattle Center.
- Third Annual Higher Refugee Employment Workshop
- This workshop Nov 2-4, 2016 in Denver, CO offers a wide range of refugee employment training topics for varying levels of experience. Participants will also be provided with opportunities for peer exchange. Sponsored by Higher, an ORR technical assistance provider, and co-hosted by African Community Center of Denver.
- Somali Health Board Annual Health Fair 2016
- Nov 19, 2016 will be the 4th annual health fair sponsored by the Somali Health Board (Seattle). A variety of health services will be available including blood pressure and blood glucose check, cholesterol screening, dental cleaning and many other services and public health educational information.
- Advent (Ethiopian Orthodox) 2016
- November 24, 2016. Start of advent (Sibket, in Amharic) during which time a fast is kept, the Christmas fast of 40 days. Advent is a time for spiritual preparation for the celebration of Christmas.
- 2017 Washington Immunization Summit
- April 26, 2017 WithinReach is offering a one-day event in focusing on vaccine hesitancy, reaching underserved populations, and the use of data and systems to improve immunization rates.