Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; Sundays 1pm - 3pm. $3.00- $5.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Advent (Ethiopian Orthodox) 2015
- November 25, 2015. Start of advent (Sibket, in Amharic) during which time a fast is kept, the Christmas fast of 40 days. Advent is a time for spiritual preparation for the celebration of Christmas.
- Northwest Regional Conference on African Immigrant Health
- A 2-day conference, March 19-20, 2016, highlighting core competencies in service delivery and best practices to help build on the African immigrant communities' strengths. Sponsored by Office of Minority Health (OMH), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and EthnoMed.