Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; $3.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Healing Voices: Interpreting for Survivors of Torture, War Trauma and Sexual Violence
- This training program, June 3-7, 2013 is offered by The Voice of Love non-profit group which supports interpreting for survivors of torture, war trauma and sexual violence.
- North American Refugee Health Conference
- This conference June 6-8, 2013 in Toronto, Canada, and brings together health professionals and other disciplines to discuss the best health practices, challenges, research and advocacy for refugee patient populations.
- Ramadan 2013
- July 9 - August 7, 2013 (anticipated dates). Ramadan is the ninth month of the year in the Islamic calendar. A fast, held from sunrise to sunset, is carried out through this period. Beginning and ending dates vary depending on country location.