Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; $3.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Advent (Ethiopian Orthodox) 2014
- November 25, 2014. Start of advent (Sibket, in Amharic) during which time a fast is kept, the Christmas fast of 40 days. Advent is a time for spiritual preparation for the celebration of Christmas.
- Christmas (Ethiopian Orthodox) 2015
- January 7, 2015; The Ethiopian Orthodox tradition celebrates Christmas on the 7th of January. In advent (Sibket, in Amharic) a fast is kept, the Christmas fast of 40 days ending on Christmas eve with the Feast of Gena. Liddet, Gena and Qiddus Bale Wold are other names for Christmas. Health care providers may want to consider avoiding scheduling appointments for patients on their holidays, in order to avoid cancellations or no-shows.