Health related events, religious holidays or other observances which might impact clinical care of immigrants and refugees.
- Information about contributing to the calendar.
- Interfaith Calendar: A listing of World Religion sacred times. There may be some variation of dates, but a good summary of religious holy days.
Events and Holidays listed in chronological order (ongoing activities listed last):
- Women Only Fitness, Tukwila Community Center
- A fitness room with reserved times for women only at the Tukwila Community Center (greater Seattle WA area). Saturdays 2pm - 5pm; $3.00 Fee. See flyer for details.
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons - Seattle Pools
- Several Seattle public pools have women-only swim times on Saturdays (various times) with female staff and windows covered for privacy.
- Becoming Empowered Africans Through Improved Treatment of Diabetes, Hepatitis B, & HIV
- An educational training Aug 19-20th for healthcare providers who work with African clients around issues of diabetes, Hepatitis B, and HIV. Topics include effective strategies to improve patient-provider communication and adherence to treatment. Additional training Aug 21st for client education.
- Washington State Coalition for Language Access (WASCLA) Language Access Summit, 2014
- A 2 day language access summit, Oct 24-25, 2014, in the greater Seattle area.