Eritrean Clinical Topics
Clinical topics related to Eritrean culture.
See also: Ethiopian Clinical Topics
- Clinical Pearl: Circular Burn Scarring on Asian and African Patients
- A short clinical pearl about patterned circular scars on the skin of Asian and African patients.
- Clinical Pearl: Uvulectomy
- A short clinical pearl on a tradition surgery, uvulectomy, performed in some African and middle eastern countries.
- Clinical Pearl: Skin Decorations in East African Patients
- A short clinical pearl about the use of henna as skin decoration.
- Diabetes in the Eritrean and Ethiopian Community: Cultural Information and Recommendations for Diabetes Educators
- Article addressing some of the unique cultural factors in the Eritrean and Ethiopian immigrant communities of Seattle that impact diabetes self-management.
- Ethiopian Traditional and Herbal Medications and their Interactions with Conventional Drugs
- This article discusses the use of traditional medicine by Ethiopian immigrant patients in conjunction with conventional medications. A table is included that describes herbs and spices commonly used in traditional medicine and potential interactions with conventional medications.
- Peripartum and Infant Care Issues and Practices among Refugee Groups in Seattle
- Some traditional practices around pregnancy and infant care in Southeast Asian and East African groups in Seattle.