Information for clinicians about culture and topics related to medication or pharmacy.
- Chinese and Western Herbal Medicine: A Guide to Potential Risks and Drug Interactions
- This article focuses on commonly used Chinese and Western botanicals and potential risks associated with their use. Four tables are included: Incompatible Combinations; Herbs with Teratogenic Effects; Herbs with Potential for Toxic Effects; and Herb-Drug Interactions.
- Ethiopian Traditional and Herbal Medications and their Interactions with Conventional Drugs
- This article discusses the use of traditional medicine by Ethiopian immigrant patients in conjunction with conventional medications. A table is included that describes herbs and spices commonly used in traditional medicine and potential interactions with conventional medications.
- Medication Non-Adherence Issues with Refugee and Immigrant Patients
- Some common issues related to medication non-adherence.