Ethnic Group: African American References
Resource Bibliography in Cross Cultural Nursing: Ethnic Group Topical Bibliography
- Beyene, Y. (1992). Medical disclosure and refugees: Telling bad news to Ethiopian patients. Western Journal of Medicine, 157(3), 328-332.
- DeSantis, L., & Thomas, J. T. (1992). Health education and the immigrant Haitian mother: Cultural insights for community health nurses. Public Health Nursing, 9(2), 87-96.
- Fishman, B. M., Bobo, L., Kosub, K., & Womeodu, R. J. (1993). Cultural issues in serving minority populations: Emphasis on Mexican Americans and African Americans. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences, 306(3), 160-166.
- Gregg, J., & Curry, R. H. (1994). Explanatory models for cancer among African-American women at two Atlanta neighborhood health centers: The implications for a cancer screening program. Social Science and Medicine, 39(4), 519-526.
- Guillory, J. (1987). Ethnic perspectives of cancer nursing: The Black American. ONF (Oncology Nursing Forum), 14(3), 66-69.
- Gustafson, M. B. (1989). Western voodoo: Providing mental health care to Haitian refugees. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing, 27(12), 22-25.
- LaFargue, J. (1980). A survival strategy: Kinship networks. American Journal of Nursing, 80(9), 1636-1640.
- Livingston, I. L. (1993). Renal disease and Black Americans: Selected issues. Social Science and Medicine, 37(5), 613-621.
- Powers, B. (1982). The use of orthodox and black American folk medicine. Advances in Nursing Science, 4(3), 35-47.
- Russell, K., & Jewell, N. (1992). Cultural impact of health-care access: Challenges for improving the health of African Americans. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 9(3), 161-169.
- Snow, L. F. (1983). Traditional health beliefs and practices among lower class Black Americans. Western Journal of Medicine, 139(6), 820-828.