Seattle/King County Health Resources and Information
Health and social service resources in the greater Seattle area with an emphasis on serving refugee & immigrant populations.
Affordable Care Act Information
Washington State ACA Information
- Washington State Health Care Exchange
This is the main site for Washington State. You will find fact sheets, some information about
- Public Health Seattle & King County
A good resource with links to information about where to get help in signing up.
Local Health Activities
- Women-Only Swims and Lessons
- 3 Pools in Seattle (Meadowbrook, Medgar Evers, Southwest) are offering swim times for women only, 12 years and older. Saturday times (varies by location) will provide female staff and windows will be covered. Small admission fee, some scholarships available for swim lessons.
- "Women only Fitness"
- Fitness times for women only, Saturdays 2-5pm, at the Tukwila Community Center, 12424 42nd Ave S., Seattle. There is a $3.00 fee.
- Read article in the Tukwila Reporter article "Women in Tukwila find their own place to keep fit". March 22, 2013.
- Low-Income Residents Eat Healthier with Seattle’s “Fresh Bucks” Program
- Building on a successful pilot in 2012, the City of Seattle—in partnership with other groups around Seattle- has launched an expanded Fresh Bucks program. Fresh Bucks doubles the value of produce purchases made with SNAP electronic benefit transfer (EBT) cards at all Seattle Farmers Markets. EBT users receive $10 in Fresh Bucks per day for the purchase of fruits and vegetables when they purchase a minimum of $10 with their EBT card.
Learn more about the program at Seattle Office of Sustainability and Environment
Local Health Clinics and Resources
King County 211
King County 2-1-1 provides comprehensive information on health and human services available to King County residents
Public Health Center - Seattle & King County
Public Health Centers located in Seattle and King County
Community Health Centers
Community Health Centers in Seattle & King County; some Dental Services listed
Health Resources and Services Administraton (HRSA)
Low income clinics you can search by zip code
Community Health Centers in King County
Local Social Service Resources for Immigrants and Refugees
Voices of Seattle's East African Community: An Overview of Community Issues and Opportunities
PDF - 78 pages. The Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs (OIRA) and the City of Seattle commissioned this report to capture an overview of the present issues and opportunities in Seattle’s East African communities. Findings and recommendations are presented across topic areas including: Housing and Gentrification, Economic Prosperity, Public Safety and Youth, Education; Family, Social Services, and Health; Culture and Identity, Civic Engagement and Relationship with the City, Community-based Organizations and Community Centers.
2016_OIRA_09_EastAfricanReport_FINAL.pdf — PDF document, 5131Kb