Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Patient Education Emergency Preparedness Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Power outages can lead to situations when people bring generators and/or Barbeques into their homes for heat and food preparation.  A number of people have died from carbon monoxide poisoning as a result.  This has affected some of the immigrant communities hardest.  Below is a link to information about carbon monoxide poisoning, and information translated into 24 languages:

Carbon Monoxide Information from Public Health Seattle & King County

See also:

Gulati RK, Kwan-Gett T, Hampson NB, Baer A, Shusterman D, Shandro JR, Duchin JS. Carbon monoxide epidemic among immigrant populations: King County, Washington, 2006. Am J Public Health. 2009 Sep;99(9):1687-92. Epub 2009 Jul 16. PubMed PMID: 19608962.